Infertility Counseling Can Help You Reduce Stress and Enjoy Your Life and Relationship More
Do you relate to any of these?
- You feel your body fails you each month you don’t get pregnant.
- Your mind seems to be dominated by this single thought: Am I pregnant yet? It is hard for you to focus on your work or any other task that does not involve getting pregnant.
- You hide tears when your friend tells you she is pregnant.
- You feel sad more often than happy.
- You long for a child and feel empty because you can’t conceive.
- You feel envious, jealous or angry at anyone who has children.
- It appears to you that people just don’t seem to understand how painful it is not being able to conceive.
- You feel you don’t belong with your peers who are having families.
- You feel you are not a real woman or man because you can’t conceive.
- Your inability to have a child has created tension in your relationship with your partner. Not being able to conceive has cast a shadow over everything you do, while your partner seems unaffected.
- You feel you have lost control over your life and your emotions feel out of your control. You cry a lot for no apparent reason.
- You wake up with a dark fear that you will never become a parent.
If you can relate to any of the above statements, you are not alone.
Infertility takes a toll on your mind, body and relationships. The stress due to infertility can be unbearable. And, research shows stress can make infertility even worse.
Fortunately, you can feel better.
Infertility counseling can help you feel more relaxed and happier…and perhaps even increase your chances of conceiving as a result.
As a psychologist specializing in infertility, I have successfully worked with numerous women and couples who were eventually able to find way to create their families.
Remember that you do have choices.
Don’t let infertility take over your life. Psychotherapy can help.
For a FREE 10 minute telephone consultation with me you can reach me at (281)-267-1742 OR, you can book your therapy appointment now in my Houston or Woodlands counseling office by clicking on the BOOK NOW button below.
Dr. Irena Milentijevic is a psychologist and therapist who specializes in helping women and couples cope with infertility and also in helping parents with young children. Her therapy offices are in Houston and in the Woodlands, Texas.